Friday, August 1, 2008

Never A Dull Moment

Who said "retirement is boring"? Jim and I seem to be busy all the time--even busier than we were, earlier, in our lives.

Jim walks on the treadmill every other day; I write my blog, sell my eBay Internet items and sometimes go to Curves for exercise, we go out for lunch almost daily, except for days we have lunch on the patio; we run errands, repair broken items around the house, do mundane housework, visit with our six children and eight grandchildren, read, meditate, watch our favorite TV programs, correspond with our friends, volunteer (Jim is Commander of his chapter of the Disabled American Veterans), bike several times each week and of course there are always those little unexpected things that come up. Wow! I'm tired just thinking about it all.

Last evening, Becka and I went on another bike ride. This time we set out in the opposite direction on the bike path and it was absolutely gorgeous--rich green manicured grass along the paved path, which runs along the river. We took our dinner with us in a backpack, parked our bikes and ate as we watched boaters, fisherman and other bikers. The weather was beautiful--a little warm, but I'm not complaining. We had a wonderful time--Becka is very patient with me (I'm an accident, waiting to happen!). Jim didn't get to go with us this time. His bike will be out of the shop next week and I know he's going to love going as much as Becka and I do.

1 comment:

A Hint of Home said...

I always hear retired people say I don't know how I had time to work. I'm glad you're enjoying yours. We're a few yrs. away and I can't wait.
Thanks for stoppin by my blog today.